GoPro has released version 2.0 firmware for their Hero 7 White Edition, Silver Edition, and Black Edition models. Especially interesting is the improved HyperSmooth stabilization which finally reduces motion blur under difficult light situations.
The full change logs for all three camera models are listed here:
Black Edition (1.61)
- Dynamically adjusts HyperSmooth stabilization strength to reduce motion blur in low light videos.
- Extends battery life when recording in high-frame rates including 2.7K120, 1080p120 and 1080p240 video.
- Improves connectivity between your camera and the GoPro app.
- Increases voice control accuracy.
- Enhances live stream stability.
- Eliminates image stuttering in slow panning shots that use HyperSmooth stabilization.
- Corrects stretching issue when playing back 4:3 aspect ratio videos on camera.
- Improves portrait and landscape detection.
- Removes red line artifacts that can appear in some videos.
- General bug fixes and user interface improvements.
The firmware can be downloaded here.
White Edition and Silver Edition (2.0)
- Adds 1080p video resolution for normal speed, slo-mo, and time lapse recording.
- Improves voice command accuracy.
- General bug fixes.